- Carbon sequestration is the removal of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and storing it in soil or vegetation.
- Direct Seeding is the easiest & most cost effective way to establish native vegetation for carbon sequestration.
- Managed regeneration of natural vegetation can fix up to 1000 tonnes of carbon per hectare.
- The agricultural industry is likely to be required to offset its emissions before 2015.
- Establishing shelter belts or woodlots by direct seeding may be the best way to achieve this or to accumulate carbon credits for trading.
For information on carbon trading visit Landcare Australia’s Carbonsmart website at www.carbonsmart.com.au
or contact us at Direct Seed on firstname.lastname@example.org